Search This Blog

November 17, 2011

Havana

 

Pronounced Habana is a city in Cuba. 

In all Honesty I did not know Crap about Cuba, except for people were clamoring to get out of there and come to the states.  Amazing how meeting people can broaden your horizons and pull you into a lesson without trying to. 

Yes, I met someone who lived there as a child, they wanted to go back to visit family, I wanted to go because they made it sound so wonderful and beautiful. 

There used to a lot of Cuban Sims,  Ones where they were built to show you the lifestyle, the surroundings and the homes that the people lived in.  Once a year I will search for a Cuban sim, walk around and pretty much be one with the pixels of prim builds, the sandy beaches and the builds textured with plaster walls and peeling paints.  Old cars and tall buildings  that seem to be etched out of the backdrop.

I am still fascinated with Cuba, and to this day go to Cuban sims.

So a few Months back… Yes I know my Blogging ability is dwindling lately, But once again a Few months ago I  Hijacked a Avatar and jumped Online for a few hours and was one with the surroundings, I am sad to say they had put snow on the sim… Really?  I am doubting Cuba has ever seen snow, But I walked the whole sim regardless.

The beach was peaceful,  with tents and Pillows the city was actually very pretty, with the Old buildings, the painted busses and the palm trees.  I am pretty sure that was one of the last times I was In Secondlife longer than 20 Minutes, which seems to be my max every few weeks lately.  I am lucky to have an appreciation for others backgrounds,  an acceptance of differences and a willingness to learn about them.  Funny, I saw on cable this movie called Xanadu,  I Looked it up and there Popped up Cuba, the Xanadu mansion, at one Point the Dupont Mansion, a Golf Resort now. I started to built a small scale model of it, I did give up, It was quite the feat, But I look at it now and think, Really it is  quite an easy build minus the textures.

Where am I off to next?  Hmm I am not sure, I have been to Paris, To Detroit, to Iowa and to Cuba in Secondlife, yes, not really any Rhyme or reason to those is there?  Oh yes I forgot south beach, Went there just before kicking it for real in Florida.  I will pop on again one day and take a tour, and then, I shall Blog happily.

No comments:

Post a Comment