Search This Blog

December 28, 2011

How Not To Screw Up a Break Up

 

I know they suck, I mean seriously.. Do any of us want the emotional BS of a break up?  NO,  We don’t go in with the attitude of  “They will Be my X one day so ride it out”

Hell No! We go in, fall fast then question later.  It is Human nature to put our eggs in one basket, I mean seriously, If your lazy why carry two for other options?

First rule of Breaking Up

STFU after a few failed attempts to talk……  I say this because people tend to keep talking when the other party is No longer interested,  they may smile or nod, maybe even reply, But chances are they really could care less about your excuses, your motivations and your emotions at this point. They are Humoring you, at Best and at worst, well Your just proving their point on why they broke up to begin with.

Don’t Threaten – Really, if you need to use threats to get someone back, even if it works, do you think they WANT to be there, Umm no,  they already ran once and will probably run again at the first chance they get. 

Don’t Call Names – GAWD.. If I had a dollar for every time I had a friend post some shit about an X.. Really this is mature… In maybe kindergarten.. My 6 year old son knows better than most adults, and I use the term adults very loosely at this point.  You look like the twit after you press save, send, enter or accept not your X…..

Don’t try to pull friends onto your side…. If they are on your side, they will still be there, Pulling them makes them question your friendship with them,  Chances are if they were your Xs friend first, You have lost them on default, If they were your friend first and they were also their friend but you keep acting a fool they will flee for enemy territory for less drama.

Don’t linger – The saddest thing is when someone cannot let it go…  Take a step back, No, Forget a step, Hell Move out of the state or at least DON”T contact them at numerous hours begging and pleading.  One – It Looks Desperate and two – Do you really want them at this point.. Lets think here.  They don’t want you, they broke up with you, So this now goes into you cannot always have what you want, Life is not fair and well… Put your big boy/girl pants on and walk away…..

Don’t try to be friends out of the blue with their friends – Ok this rarely happens, BUT it has been done.. OMG  Who are you and Why would I want to friend a person I don’t know on facebook or any other social outlet… Grow up and move on.

I see it this way, For me 6 months is good with no talking,  I like 6 months a nice round number, half a year and well, most harsh feelings are gone.  I am not a doctor, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express a few times….. So I know what I'm talking about, and the fact that very few of my Xs think I'm a total Nut case AND still talk to me, Regardless of who did the breaking up.   The few that do think I’m a nutcase,  maybe I wanted them to think that so there was NO contact in 6 months.. I am a smart cookie like that…..

 

Peace Out!

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment