Search This Blog

May 31, 2011

Lost In Translation



 

Tell me, Why is it people think partnering is so great in Internet games like secondlife.  I have been partnered 2 times, Only 2 in a total of 4 years.  Yes I succumbed to  the pressure.   Being single now I am  attacked by friends, acquaintances and strangers. For the 10 female to 6 Male ratio, I get my Percentage in quickly. 

Does Not being with someone make me less, Hell No, It makes me More, More of me, more of who I am not not half of another.   I am just plain old, Stupid at times, silly, Sporadic,  quiet, Selfless me.

Case and Point, Sunday my internet went out, I was booted offline by a tornado, I had my phone fully charged,

Offline Message:

T: I Miss you, where are you

Me: Offline, No internet

T: I want to talk about us

Me: What about

T: I want to go further, I really like you I always have

Me: I have known you a Long time, I know you are tired of games, You will find the right person

T: I did, and It is You

at this Point I just stare and shake my head……..

I hit a club with some New friends the other Night, I Teleported in a total of 4 People, all Guys which have snuck back Into my IMs the last month since perving my unattached profile.  We are all friends, that is It, I am good with that, NO I don’t want to Cyber, No I don’t want to partner and for Gods sake, Please stop acting like I am the only one on your friends list.

Since I have been friends with well Most of these people a long time, I have watched them and chatted with them a lot about well, Females… the one above was a hard sell, he did not EVER want to be attached to anyone, against his belief's and he was at first Leary of me until I stated blankly, Hell if you can get em (females) to cyber with ya for nothing go for it, Hit me up when your done.  He knew at that point I was Not getting attached and that I was also not putting up with his BS ether. 

Funny thing, The faster I run from them, The more they come running. I have One friend who I know will Never partner me, I was hanging with him, and another friend when He put on a Prim where his man hood should be,  It was rather large, I said, I know how to make it go down, then Proceeded to type “XXXX Will You partner me?”  He did a LOL and the Prim went away.  I can tell  him anything, I have Known him longer than Most and well, He is my old partner.  He and I are like Oil and water now, We do not mesh well. But for all things considered, We are and always will be friends.  He of all people can call out my BS and know how to do it without hurting our relationship.  He can tell me anything RL or SL and I will give him my honest opinion.

Back to the Partnering thing, I am completely fine being alone, It is just the adjustment time of trying to be everyone's friend all the time, For that reason, I LOVE being partnered.  I can say sorry XXX is on, we are XXX… Leave it at that.  I have no one trying to monopolize my time besides that one person, whom I have choose to spend all my time with.  But in reality, one person all the time can get old, you learn more, and more and eventually it gets dull.  Even diamonds need to be cleaned on occasion, Hence they lose their luster, and I am sure that is where most relationships end. It is to much work to make it all pretty again. 

Even if you care about someone, and give it one hundred there is never a guarantee and you risk losing that person as a friend, I choose to keep friends over stepping into the pool of partnership.  My last Partner, He was a good friend, I will miss him dearly, His personality was fantastic, But through lack of communication, Anger and  resentment, that friendship died a quick death. 

Dating secondlife is like well as I told T above later on in our conversation,

you want a contract to cyber, and exclusive rights to someone but not attach the profiles…

Bottom line, Think before you act, and always remember, the percentages are against you that it will work, Especially when feelings get involved, and when you take a friendship that is rock solid, You actually  take the chance to lose that person forever.  That was my argument before I partnered last time, I was pretty solid on my beliefs, BUT I let him talk me into it, and Here I sit, without 1 person I really cared about. If I like you that is why we are friends, If I choose not to partner with you, It is because I do  care that much, and I would rather Keep what we have rather than Lose it.  I really wish I would have listened to my own advice a LONG time ago

No comments:

Post a Comment