Search This Blog

June 1, 2011

X’s and Oh’s!

 

A year pass down the road, time never stands still for but a fleeting moment, and then Bam you are faced and confronted with that person.  Maybe he was the one (at the time of course) or hell maybe it was just a friend you had a falling out with.

Random IM

“What were you taking for pain a long time ago?”

I laughed, because if you have to come to me after all this time to ask me about pain killers, You have really depleted your friends,  the answer of course was Tylenol 3.

Luckily for him I do not hold grudges, and I also have this power to forgive for being a twit,  after that ? was answered it went onto the apology where I actually got one.  I accepted and said moment was over a LONG time ago and well I really did not care,  My friend list is full, Your never going to be on it. ( I have this thing about friends, I like them to be one) and from there chit chat proceeded. 

Regardless of the issue, I think  apology is best served at the right time.  This person waited it out, actually felt bad for the whole year and came back. I give them Kudos for that, for remembering they were a twit.  I cannot say that we will ever be friends again BUT there is no barrier now,  they are free to IM me and I them if I ever wanted to (Highly doubtful) 

I guess case and point would be for any relationship that has been demolished by  a wrong doing.  This was a complete failure on their part to consider the ramifications and consequences of their actions, which I think is somewhat normal for human nature.  You go with that is best for YOU at the time and well, Uh, screw everyone else.

I sincerely wish them the best, I do, Of course that does not mean when I was hurt, I honestly could have cared less. For that I think their timing was perfect. 

Amusing IM from them

“Can I borrow 100L?”

My response

“Um.. No, If you would  have said can I have 100L I would have given it to you just because, but your asking to borrow which would entail me to put some type of trust in you therefore changing the status of our relationship to a different level than I doubt we will ever be on again …. smiles”

So, I have a sense of humor with them and they totally understood why I was not handing out L to them any time soon.

Bottom line, once emotions are at a low, there is a better chance of an apology working and accepted without the emotional crap standing in the way. I am all for forgiveness, It is the question of, are you strong enough to take them back as a friend  after something like that.  I can see them back on my friends list one day, I would never trust them as I did before, but usually  these things happen in a pattern, and If I am not part of that pattern, well, My life just got easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment