Search This Blog

October 4, 2011

SoYou want to Be an Avatar

lins

Secondlife is filled with, Different personalities and different beliefs.  It is the Melting pot of the Virtual society.  and it is Home to many.   I know I have met VPs from companies to unemployed pipe fitters,  Sports coaches to Restaurant owners, It is for everyone and No one, It is for those seeking something that is filling a void in what we call a Real Life.  Some of us have no social life and others have one and just want a momentary vacation from it all. 

Beliefs are one thing that set many countries apart,  Being from the USA,  I know our society is far from open,  We are actually quite pissy.  In Europe they have nudity on Television, Or Telle…  They do not hide the fact that the female form is a thing Of beauty, Which I do agree with, But at the same time being brought up to  Believe that is NOT normal,I would cover my sons eyes. I know when I visit Canada often their views on the media differ,  their news is filled with not Shootings or the Child who who was found, In a brush pile in the woods and once we find out we are in it for the long haul.. WHo did this?  We then follow the story for 6 mnths to a year, till the trial is over,  seeing who and why.. It is actually quite twisted.  I don’t like it, I do NOT watch the news.   I know in some countries the legal age for adulthood differes By like 5 years from the US (All of them are Less None more than 18)

Snapshot_004

Bottom line is I have met a lot of people that have different views, Their chidhood was much different than mine.  I knew a Bloke from England,  He was brought up in less than normal circumstances, The adults would actually fight the kids and this was acceptable.. I do not understand this at all.  Why would  an adult try to harm a kid who was so young… It was hard for me to understand the mind set there,  They had me watch Inserts Of a Movie (I will ask them the name and post it below)  In the scene it was all the kids with this determined look on their face and then a group of adult men in this 50s and up, Some drunk, getting into a brawl. It hurt to watch and to imagine a child being treated that way.  I am not saying all the people in the US are great parents,  We are not, I know a few people who need to be neutered.  But for me, It made me feel sick, and For that moment I felt an emptiness inside which I allowed to be filled by their pain, their memories and their  past.

Meeting so many different people, you have to use a key ingredient most of us do not use, it is called acceptance.  Be it with Race, age, Gender or sexual preference.  I am not one to  judge on any of those, Did I used to, Umm, Hell yeah,  I had an issue with one particular race, It was personal, I think a lot of us harbor feelings for a while if we are hurt.  One day in a meeting at work, I have made a comment and my Best friend looked at me, It was the realization of his Ethnicity, I had never asked, It never mattered.  at that point any ill feelings I had for that race were depleted into finished business.  He is not that race, he is a person, with a heart and feelings.  I apparently had never discussed my distaste with him or I am sure it would have been brought up sooner..  Funny how 7 years later you can come across something that now that I look at  it was so Obvious.  

An Avatar is only an extension of our beliefs, Our thoughts sand feelings.  If you meet someone who is acting crazy, Well if the shoe fits wear the hell outta it.  Yeah, Of course not everyone is Ha ha Lets say “Well” but we are all made up of the same components,  We are all human  Our avatars reflect how we feel inside, apparently I feel Like a TALL, blonde with a closet the size of heaven.  I may wear a neko tail, then Ill switch it up, again.  I have no set hair, Like in RL, it goes with the day, Some days curly some straight.  My furry friends are different colors, some bright some  in the darkest of days in a Black steel look, But all days they are the same flesh and blood I last talked to. 

Make your avatar reflect you, Make it you with perks.  I often talk about my 2 avatars as 2 different people, In which they are,  My old avatar Dylana had never parted from her Secondlife as a couple, She was fun but respectful to vows, was caring a bit more subdue.  My avatar now, Lindsay, Well she is the wild child,  She did partner for 8 months and respect vows, But honestly I am happy to be able now to do as I please, Have not strings and just log in when I want to or have time.  It is the freedom without the attachments that woks for me right now.  I think back on being Dy and It makes me smile,  I know that she will never come back,  but I know who I am today if you met me on the street is all in part of because what is did as Dylana.  

dy alone_001

Bottom line is when you meet another avatar, remember they could be your sister, brother, cousin, Never feel like your to good, and NEVER not see yourself in them, It could just as easily be you looking for a shoulder, someone to hang with or just simply help  rezzing a box.  We were all there at one Point now weren't we.   The person on the other end may not be as Perfect as their avatar, But their avatar is their version of who they see them selves.  It is purely them if they have the RL connections to do so, It is them and as you know only you can be you better than anyone else, as they can only be them, Don’t try to change them, Accept their differences, make it a lesson, Learn from it and there in itself you will find you can take them with you the rest of your life.   . 

So you want to be an Avatar?  You already are, It is what you see in the mirror, who you choose to bond with and what makes you laugh,  being an avatar does not make you anything different than what you already are, It only enhances your real life and gives you another outlet to show you, as a Human you can shine.  Best of luck to all, Real Life, Secondlife, and all in between. 

No comments:

Post a Comment