Search This Blog

September 7, 2011

Finding Yourself

 

I don’t have a lot of time to write, But I feel Like it so Here it goes.

It is funny how you  can mold yourself to whom you are withm then glance in the mirror and then come to the realization, You have become someone who is a stranger to even yourself.  It is that realization that will open your eyes to your next transition. It is that moment of loneliness, of despair that second of confusion that will lead you to your next destination.

We all seem to  have a connection with certain people, whether it is  Religion, Children, Values, Hobbies, or maybe just clicks. It is when you start to lose yourself in the abyss of choices. 

I remember Disliking a certain type of music, I mean it just irritated me to all get out,  then due to my surroundings and the people I spent my time with, I was singing along with the Music I once chose to chastise and had written off as trash. 

I am not sure the do’s and Don’t of not losing yourself, Nor do I have a set path of finding ones self ether, But I believe it is all our job to eventually acknowledge that we have been lost in others choices, Likes, and lost our own.

Making this short, and to the point,  I will take more Long walks, I will stop to hear the silence and I will close my eyes to feel the wind against my face,  It is something I do not do often.  I am going to try to remember what I liked before I was transformed into who I am today, and I am going to eat that dessert regardless of who thinks I should or shouldn’t.  It is not easy being just You, and I am pretty honest about who I am, but then I look back and think, I am pieces of so many people now, all those moments add up to who I am right now, this second as I sit here typing, My style has changed, My thought process and my opinions.  Over the years I have learned to accept differences and not define people by what they are but What their actions say. In the long run, the acceptance has become a staple for my day to day living.   I do not want to forget what I have added On, Never, I want to Know who I really am with out all the assistance of others, I want to know who is this silhouette against the wall, the One mimicking me, the one who only does what I choose to do, the one who does not make the decisions.  So anyway,  I am going off to take a walk,  Mucho Hugs

Peace Out

No comments:

Post a Comment