Search This Blog

January 3, 2012

ACK… That Awkward Moment

 

You know that moment when you do/Say or are caught doing something in SL that kind of screws up all those RL lies you have been trying to keep to your self.

This blog is about that moment….

On the internet everyone lies a lil, Be it their name, race, age and god forbid their sex…  But hey, It is those streches of truth that make it a safe haven for those who Want to say be a girl, Want to be 21 again or just want to be someone so unlike out RL that it would be impossible.  I highly doubt If I walked around Neko I would have many job offers in RL.

Case 1:  This one is amusing,  I have a friend who lives in New York… Ok, They claimed to live in New York,  We used to chat often, trading good songs on Youtube and such.   They sent me a video one night (When In New York) that said “This video is not available in your country. … Smirks…  Ok, Since when did New York become its own country?  After a few weeks I finally pointed it out, I knew they were from Canada.  They were shocked, but did laugh it off, said they were only protecting their RL identity.  I said that was fine, I did not need to know their RL identity nor would I ever ask for it.  at that point, I continued to receive a few videos “Not available in  your country”   Makes Me laugh every time.

Case 2:  Meeting online your at mercy of what people tell you,  and what you believe.  Well I met someone who told me they were a 23 Year Old college student, who then later I found out was just turning 18,  It was so close to the point of turn that I let it go knowing they would transfer from the teen grid before the account would even be used.  Chatting to another friend maybe a Month ago, Their age was brought Up, they mentioned the persons age, I was shocked, I said NO WAY,  I was under the Impression Er, No I was told… Differently.  So playing truth one day I asked, What year were you really Born… They asked why, Knowing they were caught, almost 5 years later… They were honest though.  I asked, why did you lie to me back then?  they said, you would not have talked to me if you knew the truth.. Point taken and a valid one at that, I would not have…. Now I just shake my head…

Case 3:  Girl Meets Girl, They fall In love and Hard,  Now, I am a third party on this one,  But apparently one girl is a guy,  he feels awful that he cannot talk to his Significant other  but stays on.  They grow closer,  they share passwords and well , apparently he had pictures of himself in his inventory, Ummm, Yeah, I'm not going to go any further on that.  The girl left devastated that he was not a she.  He was devastated because he really cared for this girl, but could never be what she wanted…

Case 4:  Me….When I logged Into SL, I had no need to share my Info, I used a alias to protect me.  One day chatting On voice, I want to say beginning of 2008 just after Voice came out and actually worked, they heard my son.  I could have said, No I'm babysitting yada yada.  I never Lied, I just never told people that I had a lil one.  I fessed up completely said it was the reason I am so paranoid about people finding me, my son is my life.  He is the Best 6 year old super Hero ever and will always remain the reason I wake every morning with a smile.

Is lying illegal?  Only if your in court, Bound by the rules and regulations set forth on you by the state, county or district your in, in real life, well this goes down as well,  You believe what your told (Or not told in some cases)  some of these people had their best intentions fail because of the choice they made others, well they just moved on knowing 1 or two people had found their secret.  I don’t doubt my friend still lives in New York for most of the people they meet, Nor Do I go around telling people I have a child, but any of my close FB friends knows as me and him are plastered all over with smiles. 

Did I judge any of these people after?  Nah, why?  moment has passed, I cannot change a thing, Ok, so one really deserved to be on the teen grid, but did they act as if they were a teen?  No, if they did, I doubt Linden Lab would have made them a Mentor for a few years giving them access to the whole grid including the welcome areas and off limit areas to the rest of the residents in Secondlife.   Did the one guy ever pretend to be a girl again?  I hope not, For all emotional reasons I think the ending pain would have haulted me from falling knowing I was the polar opposite of what they wanted. 

In the end, take what your told for what its worth.. It is and always will be what they WANT you to know, and that is it……

I am who I think I am

No comments:

Post a Comment