Search This Blog

January 18, 2012

My Hero

 

What I am, Is who I choose to be,  Who I am is what I make of myself, When I choose, I become who and what I am. 

Funny how we all can point fingers, yet we have all heard that age old saying, never  judge a man till you have walked a mile in his shoes, then at least you have shoes and are a mile away from them, which apparently is a safe distance to judge people. 

I trust few, care for many and I am who I am because of those that love me, supported me, and backed me with the choices I have made.  Each choice was completely my own,  Each lesson learned has been a road I hope to not take again.  With each step I make towards who I am to be, I hold onto what has been given to me, Love, Honor and most of all respect. 

I am no one important, I have no REAL wealth, except for the friends I have made, the memories I have shared, and the tomorrows I will appreciate.  But in being me, or even you being you, there is a wealth that cannot be matched with a price, it is a cost that noone can match.  Being you is Priceless.

We are only who we allow ourselves to be, we are the only ones who put a limit on ourselves.  We are our own worst enemy, but then, we can also be our best friend.  Perseverance and over coming obstacles are in itself a lesson and an accomplishment.  We are our own hero's if you really think about it.  Without us saving our selves, who would do it for us… Over and… Over … and Over again. 

Next time you look in the mirror, Forget about what you think others think, what you may have heard and maybe even seen.  Look past the physical Bullshit, and past all your dark thoughts of yourself, and then remember how many times have you been so deep, so hurt and soo scared.  Who saved you?  You saved yourself, you allowed the time to recover, you stood strong and you  are your own hero, no cape needed.  You do not have to fly, have super powers or a lot of strength, all you need is what you were given when you were born, a will to survive. 

This is a post to all my friends,  thank you for being there, Thank you for supporting me, and I love each and every one of you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment