Search This Blog

January 13, 2012

Book Of Life

 

There was a time when I saw, My future hand in hand with you,

The sunsets, late nights and sharing, But in time I knew,

As each page turns in a book, It was time to let you go,

Maybe you could not accept it, But then again, I know,

As if the book of our life, rolls from words on a page,

Our love may have never died, But nether did the rage,

Paragraphs filled with the rush, a tender sweet kiss,

Other filled with disdain and demons as in a greek myth,

the chapters unfolded memories, with all together came,

The whole of our complete relationship, a book with no name,

I see the the beginning so clear, as if it were today,

The middle is a bit fuzzy, for there was so many things to say,

But the ending, Oh the ending, It was what made the book cover Blue,

It was then I had to come to a close, and out the door I flew,

It was time to close  our book, and set it on a shelf,

One with other books alike, Some of dreams, Love or wealth,

It was to be kept safe and still, to grasp for another time,

In case I needed reference,  when my life once again became Mine

I thank you for those chapters, for I am stronger than before,

When I cried as I left the book closed, and faded through the door,

The tears were not all pain, No they were my happiness to,

For I could not be me without, Having to be with you

No comments:

Post a Comment