Search This Blog

January 12, 2012

My Angel

 

It is as if I am, Alone in a box of glass,

I am watching all around, Just a single cell Mass

My thoughts are racing and screaming, you cannot hear,

My logic flies out the window, the dampness of a tear,

Thoughts overflowing,  Grasping at ribbons of hope,

Memories like balloons, above my head they float,

Streets interchanging, Not a single one I know,

I have no control over the speed, as if I am in tow,

Chasing dreams in a circle, always ending up here

Looking for a wheel, so I can take control and steer

But not in this little box, made of glass shall I move,

I must break out, shatter the walls, so cool and so smooth,

Rocking back and forth, holding my legs tightly near,

It is disappointment, hurt and pain, that is my biggest fear,

Can I let go of history, no, it is there to stay,

Searching for answers, There must be another way,

Calling out for help, It is then I see a glow,

a soft mist of an angel, One whom I swear I know,

It comforts and protects me, from so far away,

I can feel its calmness and love, I try to walk its way,

My legs weak from not standing, Like a new born,

I hold onto the glass around me, my Clothes dirty and torn,

It is then I find the glass, Is not as high as it appeared,

but I am scared now to step over, Back in rush my fears,

Holding my breath and closing my eyes, I try to go over the wall,

My feet looking for ground, It is then I fall,

Weightless and in flight, I grasp onto my angels hand,

My angel smiles down at me as if they understand,

I plead to tell me how, why and where I should be,

My angel just sets me down, and gazes down at me,

I smile then knowing, all will come to a place,

Where the pieces will come together, and that I can face,

The ups downs and heartache, the good and the bad,

To accept life as I know it, and appreciate what I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment