Search This Blog

August 16, 2011

SLCC 2011

 

Snapshot_004

So What, I missed it again,  I was going to go, and I was going to take someone with me this year.   I wanted to go and knew of one person I wanted to give a hug to, M kay maybe more… and another I really wanted to do the trip with hot sauce in  my hand and all over them.  I looked into it,  and it was going to  be 1300 dollars just for the flight and room with taxes etc.  I am working part time at the moment and well, 1300 dollars is not going to be spent on meeting numerous people who I can just as easily see via cam or hear on voice. I know, There is so many out there that did and awesome for them,  I hope it was fun, Because honestly I was barely able to log into SL this weekend, Let alone get   away for the weekend.  I Know me enough to know I probably would not have been at the conferences, I would be at the bar, the hotel bar, meeting even more new people to add to my friends list when I logged in on my phone.   Sad I have not made ONE single SLCC,  I do think that they should move it around, stop the We are here so It is here crap, I mean c mon people, not everyone wants to fork out 1300 to seepeople from a Virtual world,  there is very few people I would spend that money on and the few I would, I am thinking a 4 day all Inclusive resort with free food and drinks myself….. Umm Yea, you guys would have had a TON more people if you guys learned How and Where to put on events, make it affordable to more people.  Don’t tell me there is not any places you could have chose that would have catered the hell out of it and still people would have flocked knowing food and drinks were not the issue.  A lot of people would have still spent money buying the premium alcohol and having room service… Yes, we are creatures of habit and NO I don’t want to get myself dolled up for an english muffin……………Thanks!  Yea I am that girl who will not leave her room till My make up is on and I have tried on my whole suit case only to go back to the original outfit I had on… But that is me… That is how I roll and Like it or hate it, I am not changing for anyone.  I detest heavy eye make up, Love lip balm and have to use estee lauder make up….. It is the one perk I give myself.   So for those who got to go,  I hope you enjoyed,  I am sure it was a Freakin blast, and for the rest of us out there who looked Into it and Ummm NO…. We still have out small virtual world to comfort us when or Reality is not funded by Linden dollars….. Which reminds me, I need to start DJing again…

No comments:

Post a Comment