Search This Blog

August 8, 2011

Sick but Still Sassy

 

So I am stuck in the hospital,  Nothing to do, But sit, and wait,  The sounds of feet up and down the hall,  The nurses laughing and bickering at the station outside my door, and the sound of the Bitch in the next bed over complaining it is to cold, to warm or Just not Freaking Perfect.   It has occurred to me, This is real life…. I don’t want to particularly be here, It was kinda a fluke how I got here… and I doubt I will be back soon ether.  Long story short, I had like a flu, which screwed with my immune system, as it will, and then out of nowhere, my anemia kicked in full throttle. I forget I even have it, It does not bother me much, but it does creep up on occasion and then by the time I figure out what is up, I am in a hospital bed wondering why I feel like death warmed over on a smorgasboard of life, but it is still My life,  My Real Life… I have my phone, which has kept me partially sane till I nodded off last night, I personally think their version of ambien is quite good here.. Hospital strength.  and I slept for 11 hours straight, I never do that, I am usually up in 6 wide awake surfing the net or watching behind the music reruns.  So after being poked and Prodded, and attached to an IV for Well Ok, like 17 hours I am ready to go home,  When I got here the sheets were cool and crisp, the numbing sounds of the AC unit outside was calming, Now It is just plain irritating.  I am sure the girl next to me, We will call her mary, Is a miserable person in life, No wonder her organs want out so bad.  I would be packing my stuff up to go if I had to listen to the constant bickering of bullshit.  but she is sleeping for now, I am happy.  So hopefully I can go home soon, I doubt Ill be “Me” again for a few days, Give my body a kick start with all the crap they are pumping Into me,  Wonder if they have a plastic surgery drip, wouldn’t that be great, 10K, but you leave looking like a barbie doll. Ill pay cash for that.  My goal in life right now is just to  get through the day and hopefully drive my ass home to a  welcome, comfortable room, My own,   Oh, Back to mary, My  flower of joy in the bed next to me, a curtain pull away.  She was complaining this am, that her bed was to firm, Now last night it was to soft, I am sure it is nether, she is just miserable.  She has a pain killer drip… Umm, I need one to stay in this room.  The nurse offered to move me, But I declined, I am 2 doors from the nurses station, and most of them are very cool and have been good to me, Thank you god for universal phone chargers… Well they just did the hopefully LAST run of tests,  they are making sure I am not harboring any other things which I cannot spell so Whatever, I guess If I need to know them they will let me know.  Besides being just plain outright tired with a hazed fluffy feeling I swear I am perfectly healthy.  Until I figure out something more interesting to blog about Ill Let this go… Hugs and health to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment