Search This Blog

August 15, 2011

My Home Sweet Home

 

4 years ago, I logged into this Virtual paradise of Pixelated Prims and Naked  avatars running around in their noob skin, Hopping from pose ball to poase ball in hopes of see the Pixels slap… I could not even sit let alone know what an Emote was.  My second week I was determined to “Fit” in, I bought a VIP account, or back then Premium,  I needed skin, Clothes and God help me, Hair.  But what I needed to figure all this out was a place to call home.  I found a Skybox, for rent, Pretty cheap, I went there, Left, Lost it.. I mean Literally I had NO clue where it was… I had paid for and left my home in a virtual abyss.  It could have been anywhere, I IMd the Leaser, It took him 5 days to get back to me,  I did not go back, I had already  found land at a new sim called Salonika. 

Lucy was the owner she was from England and very sweet,  She had Delmar and Mark working for her.  Mark who was the one who helped Me rent it, Was there for my “House raising”  I paid someone to rez the house.. I was that Green, I could Not even center a Rez box…. We all start somewhere.  The house was to high, I could not walk up into it, Mark made me a step, I was amazed with his mastory of prims, He just tossed Out this Box and textured it for me in 30 Seconds flat, He was My new best friend.  It was  a Little cabin, On a 1024 Lot.  I used Up my prims once I thought I was going to be kicked Out of Secondlife for doing something Illegal.

SO I have My new house, my land and  no clue what a Prim is.  I had pretty much  jumped In 2 feet and had not a clue how many prims it took to make a paddle (One if its sculpted)  That was July of 2007.  I added On 512 lots one by one, Lucy was awesome, and She even sold Me extra prims, so I had a lot of  extras at my  place, room to build, a skybox and a Home or park on the land.  About a year ago, I had given up on the house thing, Grabbed a small Box in the air and had a Beautiful garden that I used to gather people, DJing and just chatting to friends.  I cannot tell you have many homes I have gone though. I know my 3rd or 4th, Trolo built, and the probally next 10 after that, Were him and I working together as a team, a couple  Texturing and Modding the Prims. (Him more than Me.. )  But when We were done it was decorating, and organizing, and breaking in the new  furniture.  If it didn’t have  scripts, I probably did Not own it… I was a  shoppaholic and why pay for something with few Options, I wanted the world and More.    4 Years later,  I still have the same Lot of land, just a bit bigger.  I Love changing it, even though it is a pain in the ass to pick it all up.  I have a Huge beach house Now,  the bottom is Open for my Meeroos, Prince Charming and Phillip and Princess Aurora, Cinderella and Heartbreaker.   I have a small Lil Beach Hut,  an Off sim Island and a Hammock, Perfect for snuggling or hanging out alone.  My upstairs is empty, I have No bed now…. For what reason would I need one.   I have found  people seem to like to use it if they see it, No strangers shall lay on my bed dammit, If I really wanted a bed, It would be loaded In 2 Min and ready to fire up.  But I don’t need that, Now do I.   I am Most likely on my Intan dancing with Pete,  Hanging with Romeo, Shopping with Enn or  chilling at My Box with Tro.   I have no need for   all the Little things I used to get excited about.  But I have found new things… Like Reading SL blogs,  Hitting Zen Creations and staring at the bath set I plan to get one day, or  looking for new shoes…  I am not a shoe person so It takes Me  a lot to spend L on shoes.. I am a fan of BAX though In case you were wondering, I accept gift certificates to .. kidding , I kid.   Over the years My lot has Been Gothic,  Medieval, Woods,  European,  Gardens and Modern.  I  have hit the majority of the themes in second life , although I cannot find half of them In my Inventory to save My life… Hint to new Users… ORGANIZE as You go.. It sucks doing it 4 years Later.  

Crap, Back to the reason for  the blog..  Ok, so like a year ago my sim was sold, I was scared.. There goes My Perks,  My Set Price, My home,  I was looking for new land…  the Neighborhood so to speak had dwindled and  the new owners I did Not know.  I was pleasantly surprised to find My new sim owner a wonderful person as is her partner.   She is Huge picky as to who lives there, and she has actually  asked me  if certain people were stalkers before she allowed them to move in.. Ha ha.. He wasn’t… HEY CAR!   So now I  recommend a friend, a New Friend who feels old to me.  We have been chatting for a few Months now, He dived Into SL, Like me, 2 feet first..  Hates his LL home and wants more prims.  I asked her, Could you help him,  I know he is good for the tier and I know he would rock as a neighbor, and I do miss car being around.  So I have a New Neighbor now!  Woot!   Welcome Pete to My SIm and always Into my SL…  Cannot wait to hear you tomorrow at your first DJ set and chill out.  Maybe I can grab someone to  come with me, as U tear up the internet with your awesome tunes.  If your lookin for a DJ JamMasterPete is the best, and Not so bad to listen to ether… Smirks…  Mucho hugs!  and I'm out!

Oh Below is Some Pictures of my House now, Or just press the back Button Winking smile 

House_001

My Beach House

House_002

My Beach Hut

House_003

My Meeroos

House_004

My Upper Deck.. Note No bedroom Furniture

House_005

The Inside downstairs

No comments:

Post a Comment