Search This Blog

October 18, 2013

I Tried

I Tried by dy secondlife
I Tried, a photo by dy secondlife on Flickr.

I Put on purple nail polish, and blush on my cheeks,
Glossed up my lips then brushed my hair so sleek,
looking in the mirror i sighed at the reflection,
As the image staring back, was nothing but Imperfection,
Adding color to my eyes and concealing a tiny scare,
I took another look, but still did not meet par,
Biting lip and sighed again, tears welling up in my eyes,
Inside my head the voices screamed all those senseless lies,
My image had become so useless, it became a shadow of who I once seemed,
A once funny, silly crazy girl, the socialite it seemed,
wiping away the make up, smearing it across my face,
I nolonger had the will to try, nor the finesse and grace,
huddled in the corner, arms wrapped around my chest,
I silently gave up on trying my feeble quest

No comments:

Post a Comment