Search This Blog

June 24, 2011

Darkness (Poem)

DarknessWithin1

Inviting in the darkness, holding it so close to my mind,
Digging my self into a hole, so deep no one can find,
Avoiding all contact, welcoming the coolness of the snow
Although it hurts my eyes, such an annoying glow
The silence of snow falling along with the darkness of the sky
Helps my mind wander, as time passes me by
It Makes for an array of contrast, my eyes can almost bare,
Flooding thoughts linger, a warm body being there,
Opening the door to my heart and soul, seeing nothing and nowhere to go,
Searching through my bloodshot eyes, I have nothing to show
Chills fill my body, with dreaded thoughts of abandon and grief,
My happiness stolen in the night by a unforgiving thief
dishonesty swirls in the wind, but never stays to explain,
Even the crows cry out a caw that sounds like their name
Finally the rains come pouring down, washing the dirt away
Leaving a clean scent in the air as the sun warms the day
Taking tiny steps as the gravel Grinds below my feet in the snow

I am stronger than I thought, It is myself I need to get to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment