Search This Blog

June 6, 2011

No Internet + Bad Talent on TV = Early Night

{EAV_BLOG_VER:432d17374ef4dd96}

I really have nothing to say today,  I am pretty, what is the word,   accepting maybe a bit tired, toss in some bad mood for good measure since once again, on a Sunday my cable/internet went out.  No way to reach customer service,  it ether rang busy or hung up on you, Fantastic Cable and customer service Broadstripe! I think I am going to screw up your stocks on Empire Avenue if I get the chance.  I did call this AM at 5:22, and they DID have a recording from 2 and a half hours after the cable went out. “we are aware your cable is out, and we are working very hard to restore it , Our ETA is 5am” *Looks at watch*  maybe they meant  Mountain time *Growls*.   I am usually not that customer that complains,  But 2 Sundays in a row, My life has had to adjust to their lack of service. Unlike other cable providers, they have NO customer service on the weekends, and their cable/internet ALWAYS goes out on a saturday or sunday, after the allotted time that I may even have a snowballs chance in hell to get some help.  Apparently some big game was on, IDK, I did not pay attention, I went through and started couponing early, decided to watch some local TV and was entertained by American Dad and Family Guy. Once Americas Got Talent came on, I  noticed, ummm, We really are not clear on what the term “Talent” means.  I would reference a dictionary term here for good measure IF I had cable service so you will have to take my word.

Talent : To do something well, To have the ability do to better than most,  To achieve at a high standard in an area performing dance, singing, Being funny, or any other creative avenue.

Ok that in my mind is talent, to be GOOD, Key word here is good,  and a lot of people lacked that.  There was a 3 some of rappin boys, ages 5,6 and 7. They were cute”, as can be, One lil boy explained how that met “We went to school, and were listinin to da wadio n we started wappin together”  It was very cute, and they were Not bad, I can only Imagine a Lil Usher, 50 cent and Drake coming out in say 10 years. (Hopefully no Soulja Boy, Poor kid had only 12 min of fame).  Being a white girl, I am not going to rap anytime soon, I give Kudos to those that can, My mouth has a capacity to sing badly in the shower to ALL Music, and I am usually a bar or 2 behind on the hip hop songs, Maybe it is because I just don’t want them to end… I am Prolonging the Inevitable, Eh, No I just suck.  I am one that lacks talent so you will not see me falling  off their stage any time soon.  One surprise – a Lawyer was on there last night, in a white suit, this dude was a bit trippy, he was the “Man Of Light”  he proceeded to make a total mockery of the word talent, But in all honesty I think he lost a bet with his buddies and  he had to come up with something to do, Since his talent was already being taken up by being a lawyer.  I have met very few lawyers that have a creative output like Dancing or singing.  Now that may be a show I would watch, Well at least once.  a Singing (Badly) Court TV show. *Grins*  yes it would suck and get canceled, but we all love a show where people make total fools  of them selves, it is why reality TV is so Prominent  in our society.  Most people you just want to smack and say “Hello, Did you parents teach you NOTHING!”  But once again, some of them Had a first class up bringing (which means nothing really) look at Paris Hilton.  Her Stupid girl routine gave her a few years of us staring at the TV,   The Simple Life, Oh yes, her and Nicole were amusing,, but even Nicole probably looks back and thinks, Uh Dad, I am sorry I was such a “Fuck Up”  and Paris, well she has no clue, she could still buy an island and make herself queen, why bother learning if you don’t have to, and by the way her talent is selling herself, I was going to say commercials, but that was Jessica Simpson, yea after a while all the ditzy blondes run together like paint. 

It is Now 6 AM, I am particularly bored and No my internet is not up yet, maybe I can sleep again, doubt it, but I am willing to make the sacrifice and try for an hour.  My body is not used to sleeping at 10:30, so it will  screw me up, for the day at least.  Hope you had a great weekend and always remember you family is obligated to say how “talented you are”  I tell my son that all the time, He makes up the sweetest songs, Sings them off key and I show him appreciation in hopes one day, he will actually do this with Talent. .Much Love and Luck!

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment