Search This Blog

February 17, 2012

Freebies for Sale

 

Huh?  Secondlife has a market for everything, Including selling items that are FREE,  Yes FREE.  I have to give the people credit, They are making Linden, but how stupid do you feel after learning these items are at another 50 stores for free? 

Back In 2007 I remember there was a store called Wally World, It was a Spin off of a RL Store.  They had hundreds of items all priced 10 L or less.  It was my favorite place back then, I mean Id spend 200L of stuff, Luckily for you it is all still available at most of the free stores today and some Low Linden stores (1-25L) But what makes me mad is I remember spending 600L on a BMW Cycle, Gawd I thought I had the world by the prim balls, My pretty Prim bike, Until a month later I saw it for free at a freebie store for get this… FREE!

 

If say you were walking through a Large grocery store and see a sample of granola bars, Mini Subs or an energy drink,  they always ask “Would You Like to Try?.  It’s a free sample, right?  What if they said as you took it, That will be a nickel or dime?  I don’t know about you but I'm not paying for something that should be free…. If I meet new people I try to warn them but everyone gets caught up when they first start, unless they hang with the “Elite” oldies or have a RL friend helping them.  So 2007_001

I can remember LOVING RONJAS, they were so different so cool  looking, and had so many extras, Like whole outfits and cheap, then a few months later at a free shop I found every outfit I had paid 50L  for what price… Guess.  Yep , They were free.   Another I still see is Boas Boots,  WITH BLING…  OMG you have to be a newbie (used in a loving term) to appreciate the word BLING… I detest it now, along with glow.  Another Freebie I remember was BEST AS or maybe AS BEST and they all said FLEXI.. OMG  Really.. If it is in the description, I know NOT to buy the item now. 

So 2007_003

So next time you hit a store with REALLY cheap stuff that looks a bit like the above pictures, Look at another place, this stuff is free elsewhere… It is, you just have t have patience.  IF You want Better e Freebie stuff, try one of the blogs at the right of my blog, Most are Updated daily and not all the groups are ones you need to pay for. 

As a Disclaimer I DID search 10L stores and found some items that were NOT Freebie items,  Some of the designers just want to design and are not in it to make their mortgage, Just their tier. The best way to figure out the freebies from the original NEW designs I have found is if there is only one designer, they are taking and making all their ad photos and they will match.  Freebie places will have a Mish mash of crap from so many designers, Different years and numerous different picture types.  they use the same as the original box back in whatever year it was originated. Also if you right click the items in the box, the Creator will be different per different background and on some the creator is Not even available… To me that is just shady.

So 2007_002 

Back in the day and Ill bet even now, they had business in a box…  They some men's, woman's, furniture, textures Etc.  Most were available at random places for free but were combined and sold for 200-900L a pop.  Thankfully I never really wanted to be in that business.

So shop carefully and always remember, you don’t always get what you pay for in Secondlife, If your at a freebie store and you pay 10L… Your 10L poorer for a freebie item. 

Happy Shopping Smile 

 

Peace Out

No comments:

Post a Comment